The two things we have in great abundance in early summer / late spring are sugar snap peas and scallions. This recipe is a great way to enjoy the natural texture and flavor that comes with fresh pea pods and scallions.
- 2 cups sliced sugar snap peas
- 3/4 cup julienne red pepper
- 3 scallions diced
- 3/4 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup oil (light flavored)
- 1 Tbs Dolcedi or honey or agave
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup citrus champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- Combine sugar snap peas, red peppers, scallions, and green cabbage in a large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Toss with vegetables and serve chilled.
This is a link to the source of the recipe “Sugar Snap Pea Easy Summer Slaw” from Joanie Simon’s website. We have also tried lime infused vinegar for the vinegar in the recipe and have enjoyed that as a substitution.