Probably one of our favorite raw recipes. Extremely easy to make and very tasty.
- 1 large bunch of kale (about 5 cups)
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic (pressed)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (more for garnish)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Wash kale, trim the leaves off the stems, cut into wide ribbons and place into large bowl
- Add all ingredients except for sunflower seeds and massage kale for two minutes with your hands
- Add sunflower seeds and mix in
- Serve with additional grated cheese
Best to purchase hardier kale like lacinato kale.