Fresh swiss chard can have a buttery flavor and a much softer texture compared to kale. This simple recipe is simple and quick.
- Swiss Chard – 1 bunch (5-7 large leaves)
- Olive Oil – 1-2 Tbsp
- (Optional) Red Pepper flakes – 1 pinch
- Cut up the swiss chard leaves into ribbons and finely chop the stalks.
- Heat a fry pan to medium heat and add the olive oil (and red pepper flakes if you want a bit of spice).
- Add the swiss chard ribbons, salt & pepper and put a lid on the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, flip the swiss chard, put the lid back on and then cook 1-2 more minutes.
You can add the chopped stalks first before the leaves to ensure the stalks soften. Also, you can go light on the olive oil and add some after cooking.